Path of the Mystic
Teachings and Practices of Non-Duality
“The distance between us and god is created from our forgetfulness…But as Rabbi Nachman of Breslov said, ‘The day you were born is the day God decided that the world could not exist without you.’” – A. Helwa
Where has the hustle gotten us?
Anxiety and mental health are at peak levels.
Hyper-Capitalism keeps many of us spinning out of control trying to make ends meet. Many of us say to ourselves: I can’t catch up with myself.
And social media can often confuse, disorient, distract, or depress ut.
Astrologically, March 2023 marks two profound planetary shifts in collective consciousness, including Pluto’s monumental acceleration into the next Age as he enters Aquarius for the next 20 years.. Simultaneosuly, Saturn slips into the seas of Pisces. Though he may tempt us with depression, his siren call invites us to solidify our faith, to discipline ourselves in spiritual and artistic pursuits
We do have a way to slow down. We do have a way to enter the sanctuary of stillness and remember our divine nature.
Writing, especially spiritually journaling informed by meditation, can help us hear the yearning in our souls, the message of our spirits, the voices of our guides, the loving-compassion of the Divine.
When our journaling is guided by our own meditations, by the mystical wisdom, the inspired sages, and the non-dual teachings of unity consciousness, we can feel ourselves reconnected, woven back into the fabric of our divine essence.
All of the sacred scriptures were composed and channeled by poets, prophets, seers, and sages who learned the Art of Quietude. You are invited to slow down and journey within, with us, on:
The Path of the Mystic, Part 1
a 6 Class series Thursdays March 30 – May 31 2023
Informed by mystic and non-dual traditions from around the world, our first segment of this 6 class training will be guided by:
The Bhagavad Gita and Shaiva Tantra
A Course in Miracles
Sufis and the Song of Mystical Islam
Each of these pathways can be a lifelong study. The beauty and unique invitation of this training is to:
1. Engage with these texts in experiential and embodied practices
2. Understand the overlapping wisdom of these pathways to discover the essence of mysticism
3. Learn what pathways are speaking to your heart right now as integrative technologies of self-realization.
This is a generative writing class, which means we will write poetry, personal essay, and journaling of some form in each class and between classes to help us integrate the medicine and lessons of each class.
- Learn to clear your mind of limiting beliefs
- Learn how to discipline yourself in your spiritual practices
- Explore the power of pausing in deep contemplation
- Unveil your spiritual essence as your transcribe the wisdom of your soul
- Connect with sacred lineages of wisdom
What is the structure and Why study these Non-Dual pathways now?
Between March and May, we will meet for 2 weeks in a row and then have a one week break. Classes are roughly 2.5 hours with an opening integration period, followed by teachings, writing and embodiment practices, and Q and A.
Experiential and Embodied practices
Each of our 6 classes will be experiential journeys into the teachings. These include:
- Breathwork Journeys
- Visionary Art Contemplations
- Generative Writing and Journaling exercises, including Poetry and Essay
Writing Down the Soul
Each class we will create a sacred writing ritual, a dialogue directly with our soul and a journey along the ladder of spirit to meet both our muse and our own subconscious. Inspired by the scriptures and our contemplations, we will converse with our innermost Voice, that which threads us back to our divine Source, and we will be invited to share the epiphanies and breakthroughs in our nurturing and supportive container.
“Creativity is always a leap of faith. You’re faced with a blank page, blank easel, or an empty stage. Writing is a spiritual practice in that people that have no spiritual path can undertake it and, as they write, they begin to wake up to a larger connection.” – Julia Cameron
The Astrological Invitation for this Journey
We begin Path of the Mystic under the auspicious transits of the Sun, Mercury, and Saturn all in Pisces – the final sign of the zodiac, an invitation to dissolve boundaries and reunite with the redemptive quality of the scriptures, our contemplations, and our meditations.
We carry these teachings into Pluto’s transit in Aquarius, inviting us to liberate from all limiting beliefs in radical experimentation with our lives, supported by our evolutionary and revolutionary spiritual communities.
We also begin as the two great mentors and teachers of the zodiac, Jupiter and Chiron conjoin in the sky to inspire our faith and magnify our medicine
“We do not worship God because God needs it, we worship God because we need it. Prayer is not you reaching out for God, it is you responding to God, who first reached out to you. It is only when our seedling hearts submit to God’s light that we can harvest the hidden fruits of love that He planted within our spirit.” – A. Helwa
We open Path of the Mystic with 3 Chapters, and each with 2 Sections.
Each of these teachings and traditions support each other.Every class will involve
MARCH 30 and APRIL 14: Devotion
Offering Every Action and the Secret of Self-Recognition:
The Bhagavad Gita and Shaiva Tantra
• Developing your daily practice of Devotion
• Deity Yoga: Merging with Ishwara – Your Personal Divinity
• What is the Nature of Karma and How can I transform mine?
Bhakti and the Yoga of Supreme Love
• What is the nature of Desireless Action? Selfless Service: How to renounce our actions yet live with more enthusiastic vitality
• The Divine Body Meditation
• Tantric Non Dual Cosmology::
⁃ The 5 Powers of Supreme Consciousness
• Seeing God Everywhere: Living with Shristi and the Divine View of Reality
APRIL 28 and May 11th: Discipline
Embodying the Divine Mentor:
A Course in Miracles
• What are the characteristics of a Teacher of God?
• How to attract and cultivate Miraculous Relationships
• How to Invite the Holy Instant in every moment
• Sensitizing the separating desires of the Ego
• The art of Non-Defensiveness and the end of Judgment
• Training the Miraculous Mind
• Key Lessons from The Workbook and the Manual for Teachers
• Scarcity vs. the Abundance of Wholeness
• Understanding the Role of the Holy Spirit and Attuning to the Voice of this Inner Teacher
• Forgiveness: Letting go of grievances and returning to Oneness
MAY 25 and June 8: Ecstasy and Divine Remembrance
The Sufi Masters: Invoking the Secret Songs of Divine Love
◦ Wahdat al-Wujud – Bathing in the Unity of Being
◦ Unio Sympatheia – Ibn Arabi and Theophany – Praying God into our Heart
◦ Mystical Love and Sufi Women
◦ Finding your Pathway to Remember God – Chanting the 99 Names
◦ Salat: Your Power in Prayer
◦ Stations of Divine Intoxication: Islam, Iman, Ihsan
◦ Fasting to purify and receive the the bounty of Allah
- Poetry to and for the Beloved: Rumi, Hafiz, and Al Shushtari
- The Ecstasy of Sufi Music and Master Hazrat Inayat Khan
Please consider investing in these profound teachings at the level that feels most possible for you at this time.
10% of proceeds will go to the Turkey / Syria earthquake relief fund.
We would love a huge sangha (spiritual community) to join us for this journey and to build momentum for future trainings. Please share with your friends on social media and invite more souls on The Path of the Mystic.
The Starchtiecture of the Cosmos,
flooding my third eye
the infinitudes of miniscule perfections
in every direction
Our cells breathing wormholes
from One heart
spiralling all dimensions